Monday, June 22, 2009

Homeowners!

Last Friday, Javi and I played hooky from work (well, not really, but it's nice to think we did) for our Closing - ie, the part of the homebuying process when you sign several documents until your lawyer gives you a copy of your DEED, deeming that you are officially a homeowner.

And so, June 19, at about 3pm, the "deed was done!"
(I know - I'm corny like that sometimes :D)

Below are pictures of our new house. For security purposes, I didn't post a picture of the front of the house, but you're welcome to take a look at the pictures that the seller's realtor took of the inside.


My friend, Patti, gave me a brilliant idea of documenting the whole move in B&W photos. I'd like to try to do it so the photos can later on be shown to our kids and we can tell them, "this is the day we changed our lives so we could have you" :)
I think it's a fantastic idea also because I've been thinking of doing something special for this blog. Now that I own a home, I can't still have a blog entitled "K's Apartment." So I'll be moving on in the blogosphere as well, to a new and improved blogsite.
So here's the deal: my 50th entry will be a farewell to this blog, featuring a documentation of our move to a new life, new house, and to a new blog. No longer will I feel transient and without a home... Javi and I have bought a house, and in time, we will be able to make it our home.

2 comments:

cynthia said...

Kristine and Javi, congratulations on your new home! You must be so excited. Such lovely rooms and a beautiful outdoor space, too. Wishing you every happiness!

Holly said...

Congratulations, Kristine! Best of luck moving, and we can't wait to visit!